Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ready





















This week has been really good. It has been a while since I traveled and took time off to somewhat relax and be with friends. Good times, good memories. Spending time with close brothers of Christ will never get old or wearisome. Over a few days, I had conversations in all range of topics I never thought I would share about. I am glad to have had them and I look forward to more when those special days come.

DC also has some special significance for me because it is where lawmakers come together and pass laws. They have many laws to write and pass and one in particular I wish they would do with speed and wisdom because I do not have much time. It will be a short of a miracle if it will happen this year. But God will do as He desires and I must be ready to go where He leads me to go no matter the circumstances. As hard as it is, this is the lesson God is forcing me to learn and I really do not have a choice in the matter.

I really do not have a choice in the matter. Obedience has never been this hard.

In light of this topic, my devotional today and my passage for today, Isaiah 6:8-10. Here are the highlights:

"Readiness means a right relationship to God and a knowledge of where we are at present."

"We have no choice in what we want to do, whatever God's programme may be we are there, ready."

"The burning bush is a symbol of everything that surrounds the ready soul, it is ablaze with the presence of God."

Here is Isaiah;

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"
Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." And he said "Go, and say to this people:

'Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
keep on seeing, but do not perceive.
Make the heart of this people dull.
and their ears heavy,
and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and head with their ears,
and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.' "


Set my soul ablaze with Your Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment